Meet My Heroes

School staff serving meals in front of the school during the coronavirus school closure.



“One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.” - Shannon L. Alder

The world is made a little less scary when you know that no matter the challenge, there are those who will say, "please allow me to help."

This is the spirit of the amazing men and women I serve with. Over and over, I see them going the extra mile to learn a new strategy for engaging students online. I see them brainstorming solutions to serving students who lack quality internet access. I see them reaching out with a video, a phone call or an email just to check on our students.

I see these men and women serving food to children from yellow buses and from sidewalks in front of schools. I see their smiles and I see the love in their eyes that drives them to continue serving others.

I marvel at the strength, the resolve, and the heart for service of the teachers and staff who serve our community in so many ways. I am humbled by the greatness they show in doing all that they can for the children in their care.

They are my heroes.

#TogetherWeRise

Comments

Popular Posts