Twitter Chat: Core Expectations

When I first became the Superintendent of the Edenton-Chowan School system, I followed the example of my Superintendent, my mentor, and my educational hero, Dr. Ed Davis, by communicating my Core Expectations for administrators, teachers, and staff:

Child-Centered
Committed to Excellence
Conscientious
Cooperative
Caring attitude

These expectations are at the heart of how we approach the very important work we do. As I head into my fourth year in the system, the expectations are no longer referred to as the Superintendent's expectations. Now, they are the school system's expectations. We expect these attitudes to permeate all that we do.

During our first Leadership Meeting of the new school year, we engaged in our our very first Twitter Chat. We used a Q1/A1 format. The five questions each asked about one of the core expectations and what it meant to each of us.  I have collected the archive of our chat using HootSuite and pasted it below.

Reading the thoughts has renewed my spirit as their words resonate within me. I do believe these expectations aptly describe our team.  


Comments

Popular Posts